Walt Disney World at night is an experience in itself. The lights, the sounds, Wishes in the background….it’s a whole new world when the sun goes down. Families take things at a slower pace, drinking in the lights and sights while taking a spin on attractions they enjoyed during the day, or maybe had missed because of an afternoon break. There’s something extremely magical about all the Disney parks after dark. Magic Kingdom especially comes to mind-mainly because they’re typically open very late, you have the Main Street Electrical Parade, Wishes, and many attractions are elevated so you get good views of the park. Today, I want to share with you 5 Attractions to Experience After the Sun Goes Down in the Disney parks.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This attractions is best enjoyed during Wishes. Why? Because the fireworks are exploding practically over your head, and when you round the corners, you never know what you will see in the sky! The line is very short during Wishes, so you can even experience it over and over again.
- Dumbo. Get caught in Fantasyland during a night parade or Wishes, and you’re enjoying nighttime magic in the most magical place in the parks! Plus, with Dumbo being a Disney classic, you’re sure to experience some goose bumps and pixie dust if you happen to board during Wishes. Since Dumbo is elevated, you’ll get great views of Fantasyland all lit up at night.
- Tower of Terror. Tower of Terror drops and stops, right? Have you ever noticed that on one of the drops, the door opens and you can see out over the park? How cool! This is an all time favorite night ride experience. The darkness outside just adds to the magical spookiness inside!
- Expedition Everest. Expedition Everest is found at Animal Kingdom. And while this park closes earlier than the rest, it’s still a fun attraction at night if you can get there during evening magic hours. This attraction is much scarier at night, and the Yeti looks a lot different in the dark! He seems so much scarier! Not to mention the black lights and other lighting effects really add to the ride after dark.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Yes, this is a slow moving, often boring attraction. But, riding it at night is so fun! You move slow enough that you can get some awesome pics at night of Tomorrowland, Cinderella’s Castle, and various other attractions at night.
Make sure to experience the nighttime magic to its fullest that you are choosing attractions that go high in the air. Anything like Aladdin’s Carpets, the Astro Oribiter, or even the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse are great at night! No matter what park you are in after dark, Disney sure provides the magic! Even at EPCOT, the Spaceship Earth and all the walkways are so pretty! Plus, don’t forget World Showcase and all the pavilions to experience at night. Just because the sun has gone down, doesn’t mean your fun has to end. In fact, it’s a fun way to tour the parks if you arrive later in the day and plan on staying well into the evening to enjoy those late extra magic hours.
I’m sure I didn’t get them all. What are your favorite rides to experience at night?