Happy Dole Whip Day everyone! One of the best treats at Disney Parks!
Did you know the Dole Whip started back in 1976 when Dole Package Foods become the sponsor of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland serving Dole pineapple juice and fresh pineapple spears? A few years after that in 1983, they also become the sponsor of Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom Park serving the same kind of treats as in Disneyland.
But it was a year later in 1984 where the Dole Whip first appeared at Walt Disney World, and two years later at Disneyland Park. Years later in 2011, the classic treat arrived to Aulani Resort and finally in 2017 at Disney Cruise Line. Now 45 years later, we keep enjoying this treat during our Disney vacation.
Would you like to recreate a Dole Whip at home? You can do it with this Dole Soft Serve Mix or follow these recipes we have for you including a boozy one and some delicious cupcakes!
CLASSIC DOLE WHIP
- 1 big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 4 oz of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of Dole frozen pineapple
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the mixture into a star tipped piping bag to make the iconic Dole Whip swirl.
- Make a swirl and serve.
DOLE WHIP MIMOSAS
- 1/4 cup of sugar, for rimming champagne flutes
- Pineapple wedges
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk (not canned)
- 1 bottle of champagne, cava or prosecco
- 1 whipped topping, for serving
- Pour sugar onto a shallow dish. Run a pineapple wedge around 6 champagne flutes and dip in sugar. Set aside.
- In a tall glass, stir together pineapple juice and coconut milk until combined. Pour into champagne flutes and top off with champagne.
- Garnish each flute with whipped topping and a fresh pineapple wedge.
DOLE WHIP CUPCAKES
- 1 box of yellow of cake mix
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Small pineapple wedges for garnish
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F and line two cupcake pans with cupcake lines.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix with the crushed pineapple, vegetable oil and eggs using a hand mixer. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, then pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Once they are ready, transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bow combine butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, pineapple juice and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Add remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Swirl frosting onto cooled cupcakes, then garnish each one with a pineapple wedge and decorative straw.
We hope you have a fantastic day celebrating this classic treat with your favorite recipe!
Credit: Disney / Delish
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!