The moment you Disney-loving foodies have all been waiting has arrived. The 21st Annual Epcot Food and Wine Festival kicks off at Walt Disney World today for another fantastic season of delectable dishes, tantalizing libations, and culinary demonstrations that will have you cooking like a pro in no time. So head over to Epcot and be sure to check out a few of today’s highlights:
- With over a two dozen kiosks making up the World Showcase’s Global Marketplace, it’s difficult to know exactly where to start. However, definitely include one of the 5 new kiosks in your must-do list. Whether it’s a sampling the mojo pork at the Islands of Caribbean or tucking-in to the Chew Collective’s much-loved ricotta and zucchini ravioli, it’s bound to be an adventure for your taste buds.
- Be sure to pay a visit to the Wine and Dine Studios in Future World where you can sample (among other dishes) the scrumptious melt-in-your-mouth seared scallops coupled with celery root purée and caramelized Brussel sprouts (pictured).
- The Festival get’s into full swing over at Festival Center today where you can purchase your pre-paid Food and Wine gift cards or opt for the Tasting Sampler which for $59 allows you to sample 8 dishes or drinks from around the Global Marketplace. While there, be sure to check out today’s culinary demonstration: Sushi 101.
- Everybody have fun tonight! This evening also marks the start of the Eat to the Beat Concert Series over at the American Pavilion. Leading the musical charge are festival first-timers Wang Chung who will be wowing the crowds with their 80’s classics.
- If you’re a Disney Visa cardholder, don’t forget that you can pop into the Chase Disney Visa Lounge on the 3rd floor of the American Pavilion for soft drinks, to recharge your phones at one of the charging stations or just relax before heading back out into the throng.
- And for those with a sweet tooth, be sure to pay a visit to the all new Chocolate Studio. It is a chocolate lovers delight with delicacies such as the Red Wine Chocolate Truffle.
These are just a sampling of what’s in store for visitors to this year’s Festival. Be sure to check back regularly at Chip and Co for the latest Food and Wine updates.
Missing this year’s Food and Wine Festival? Then let’s start planning for next year. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan out your days at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.