Here is the list of Disney World Attraction/Ride Refurbishments and Closures for 2015-2016 that we know of. As always, please visit the Disney World website for more information.
- Maelstrom is closed for Frozen Refurb. No completion date announced.
- Liberty Square Riverboat- Closed 8/4/2015- 8/10/2015
- Dream Along with Mickey- Closed 7/19/2015- 8/22/2015
- Liberty Tree Tavern- Closed 7/6/2015- 11/19/2015
- Pirates of the Caribbean -Closed 6/8/2015- 9/25/2015
- Phone charging kiosks in Cosmic Ray’s and Space Mountain Gift Shop- Closed Permanently
- Island Supply- Closed Permanently 10/23/2014
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree BBQ- closed 1/5/2015-6/3/2015
- Creature Comforts- closed 1/5/2014-6/17/2015
- Tricera Top Spin- closed 5/11/2015- 5/24/2015
- Wild by Design Tour- last tour was 9/26/2014. This is being discontinued. Tip Board permanently closed.
- Sunrise Safari Tour- last tour was 12/28/2014. This is being discontinued.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid- closed 9/7/2015- 9/10/2015
- American Idol Experience closed. Last day was 8/30/2014.
- Backlot Tour closed permanently 9/27/2014
- American Film Institute Showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour closed permanently 8/17/2014.
- Legend of Jack Sparrow closed permanently.
Disney World Transportation
- Monorail- Now through December 2015. The monorail is under refurbishment and may have modified service or routes. You should check on the day of travel the best option to use. Alternative transportation options may be available.
We will update this list if any other closures are announced for 2015. Hopefully these closures won’t interfere with your Disney vacation, and if they do, it’s a great reason to go back again!
Need help pricing or planning your Disney trip? Email me at Summer@worldofmagictravel.com and I will do it for free! My clients always get the best planning tips, advice, and even dining reservation help!