This year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival marks the addition of a new feature on the marketplace passports available to guests visiting the park during the festival — gluten free menu item listings. In the past, Disney has released a gluten free map listing a few of the gluten free offerings for the Food & Wine Festival but this year will have a full listing of options for guests to choose from.
Disney began noting gluten free booth offerings on the marketplace passports during the 2014 Flower & Garden Festival, and it was hugely popular. By including a list of gluten free offerings, it makes it much easier for those guests who are gluten free to find out which items might be best to consume during the festival. However, guests should always consult with Disney cast members about ingredients (as menu items can change before the festival begins) and cross-contamination procedures. The marketplace booths are very small, and while most of the food is prepared in catering kitchens, items can come into cross-contact with items containing gluten.
Here are a list of current gluten free menu items for the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival:
- South African bobotie with turkey and mushrooms
- Garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle and rapini
- Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies
- Mocequa de pescado: Regal Springs premium tilapia with coconut lime sauce and steamed rice
- Crispy pork belly with black beans, tomato and cilantro
- Seared rainbow trout with bacon, frisee and maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette
- “Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce
- Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon hash with sweet corn, potatoes, hollandaise and pickled jalapeños
- Griddled “yard bird” with braised greens
- Griddled Greek cheese with pistachios and honey
- Warm chocolate pudding with Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
- Rib eye taco: Marinated rib eye, roasted chipotle salsa and grilled scallions on a corn tortilla
- Venison sausage with pickled mushrooms, baby arugula and black currant reduction
- Grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato purée
- Roasted Verlasso salmon with quinoa salad and arugula chimichurri
- Ensalada de carrucho: Caribbean conch salad with onion, tomato and cilantro
- Carne guisada con arroz blanco: Slow-braised beef with Puerto Rican-grown rice
- Fresh potato pancake with smoked Scottish salmon and herb sour cream
- Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin and crispy bacon
- Lemongrass chicken curry with coconut and jasmine rice
Stay tuned to Chip & Co. for all of the latest Epcot International Food & Wine Festival information, and head to Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW for reviews of this year’s marketplace booth food offerings for special diets once the festival has begun.
Are you gluten free & heading to the Food & Wine Festival? What menu item are you the most excited about?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!