At Walt Disney World Resort in 2011, it begins to look a lot like Christmas as early as Nov. 8. Santa’s elves bedazzle every corner of the Vacation Kingdom for a seasonal spectacle filled with heartwarming stage productions, enchanting parades, garlands and wreaths, millions of sparkling lights and even the first flakes of winter.
And with a ho, ho, whole lot of cheer being spread over more than a month, guests have more choice as to when they join in the magical, one-of-a-kind celebration.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – On 19 special nights, holiday revelers can delight during this cheery, family-friendly event. Party-goers embrace the joys of the season – sipping cocoa, catching a “snowflake” and enjoying merry shows, fireworks, carolers and special character meet and greets.
This after-hours party on select nights between Nov. 8 and Dec. 18, 2011, features a sleigh full of merriment:
- An enchanting Cinderella Castle adorned with Castle Dream Lights
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself
- An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza — Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- Live entertainment featuring Disney characters
- Meet and greet opportunities throughout Magic Kingdom theme park with favorite Disney characters
- Complimentary cookies, apple slices and hot cocoa
- A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Many popular Magic Kingdom attractions open for fun
- Complimentary family photo
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will take place Nov. 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29, 30, Dec. 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 and 18, 2011, from 7 p.m. until midnight. Day-of-event pricing is $62.95 and $57.95 for ages 3 to 9. Savings of $6 per ticket are available if tickets are purchased in advance. Visit Disneyworld.com/holidays.
Also happening at the Magic Kingdom:
Castle Dream Lights – Each evening of the season, Cinderella Castle shimmers with lights brought to beaming brightness during a ceremonial show performed at dusk. Beginning Nov. 8 and continuing through Jan. 3, 2012, Cinderella and favorite Disney characters decked out in festive holiday garb take center stage and magically transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace draped with 200,000 ice cycle-white lights – a breathtaking focal point to a park ready for revelers with wreaths, bows, garland, towering Christmas trees and scarlet poinsettias dominating the landscape.
- Events and Attractions coming to Walt Disney World Fall of 2011 (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- All five Seasons of the Muppet Show coming to Disney+ in February! - January 19, 2021
- Photos & Video: First part of Epcot’s France Pavilion Expansion is now open - January 18, 2021
- President Trump Executive Order includes Walt Disney in National Garden of American Heroes - January 18, 2021