It’s never been a better time to be a Disney fan. From the addition of Disney+ to the acquisition of Star War and Marvel, from new additions to Disney Parks to new films and characters we love, there is no end of ways to get your Disney fix these days. If you are lucky enough to be planning a trip to Walt Disney World you have even more to be excited about this year. Here are 20 reasons to visit in 2020:
- Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios is an award-winning immersive experience, complete with rides, shopping, and dining. A Star Wars fan’s dream!
- Disney After Hours events at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Tickets are already on sale for event nights in 2020, which will allow guests to enjoy the parks after closing time, taking advantage of shorter lines for rides and characters, as well as select snacks.
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back for another year from January 17th through February 24th. The Festival highlights an appreciation of the arts through live demonstrations, artist meets, galleries, and the very popular Disney on Broadway concert series, featuring stars from original Broadway shows such as Beauty and the Beast.
- Epcot is releasing new films at several of its attractions. ”Awesome Planet” will be playing in the Land Pavilion, ”Canada Far and Wide in Circle Vision 360” is the new film in the Canada Pavilion, and ”The Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” will play in the France Pavilion. All three films will debut on January 17th.
- Villains After Hours will return for 24 select nights at the Magic Kingdom starting February 7th. This year’s events will feature a new parade with characters like Gaston, Oogie Boogie, and Cruella de Vil, among others.
- New restaurants are opening all over the parks, one of the first being Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue at Epcot. It will be located in the America Pavilion, and the food will be casual barbecue such as beef brisket sandwiches, dry-rub pork ribs, power green salads, and much more.
- Another exciting restaurant opening is that of Space 220, dining set in a space station! An elevator will take you 220 miles above earth to enjoy a spectacular view as you eat.
- Ample Hills will finally be available somewhere other than the Disney Boardwalk by opening a second location at Disney Springs. If you love over-the-top ice cream flavors (and who doesn’t?) be sure and stop by to try the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake flavor.
- City Works Eatery & Pourhouse will also be joining the dining options at Disney Springs. A restaurant and sports bar with close to 90 beers on tap and plenty of flat screens to watch your favorite game, they’ll also serve plenty of tasty options to dine on.
- Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival returns March 4th to June 1st. Stunning topiaries, outdoor kitchens with delectable bites, and the Garden Rocks Concert Series will all be back with new additions and variations.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens at Hollywood Studios. Since the closing of The Great Movie Ride, park-goers have been craning their necks to check on the progress of its replacement and finally the opening is not far off! Step inside the cartoon on March 4th.
- Another addition to Hollywood Studios this March will be the Mickey Shorts Theatre, where guests can enjoy original cartoons and photo opportunities.
- Cirque du Soleil returns to Disney Springs with a new show ”Drawn to Life.” Tickets are already on sale for this show about an animator’s drawings come-to-life.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure opens at Epcot in the Summer of 2020. Journey through Gusteau’s kitchen during your time at the France Pavilion on this all-new ride.
- Another addition to the France Pavilion will be La Crêperie de Paris, with both table and quick-service options from chef Jérôme Bocuse and his Brittany region-inspired menu.
- The ever-popular Epcot International Food and Wine Festival returns in the fall with favorites from years past and new options to choose from. The 25th anniversary is sure to bring exciting celebrity chefs, and great music at the Eat to the Beat concert series.
- Holiday parties will be back and better than ever with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. If you haven’t been to one yet, check the dates (to be announced) for 2020 and make it happen!
- ”Harmonious” at Epcot will become the biggest nighttime spectacular at any Disney Park in 2020. With classic Disney music, huge floating set pieces, pyrotechnics, moving fountains, LED panels, lights, and lasers, this show is set to amaze.
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ will open at Hollywood Studios in Toy Story Land. This immersive restaurant will be a table-service option that kids and adults alike will love, as it offers great food alongside games, toys, and playsets.
- Animal Kingdom will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the 25th anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund, as well as the 10th birthday of gorilla Lilly and the 1st birthday of gorilla Grace in the spring.
With so many returning favorites and exciting new openings, 2020 is already looking to be a landmark year at Walt Disney World. What new attraction are you most looking forward to? Leave us a comment to let us know, and keep checking back for updates on all new developments!
Photos courtesy of Disney
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pumpkin Crème Brûlée is the Perfect Fall Treat at Disney Springs - September 18, 2020
- Oogie Boogie Worms ’N’ Dirt Scares Up the Fun at Disney Springs - September 18, 2020
- Try the Fan-Created Jack Skellington Frappuccino at Starbucks - September 17, 2020