Walt Disney World hosts two holiday themed special events each year, and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one not to be missed. It is a special, separately-ticketed event running select nights, September 1 – October 31, 2014. The party is held in the Magic Kingdom and begins at 7:00 pm, and doesn’t end until the clock strikes midnight.
Never been to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? Check out 13 hallo-wonderful things you’ve been missing.
- Jack-o-lanterns Galore – Main Street, U.S.A is decorated for the season with lighted pumpkins all around. These Jack-o-lanterns (and a few other lights) cast an eerie glow, setting the stage for the party.
- Haunted Mansion “Help” Gets Spookier – The maids and butlers of the Haunted Mansion make sure their attire is appropriate for the holiday on party nights. And, of course, you can’t miss a ride through the mansion! What better way to get ready for the party!
- Ghoulish Halloween Treats – Served only during the party! Look for candy corn soft serve ice cream, spiced pumpkin waffle sundaes, Buggy Brew (at Friar’s Nook), Wormy Apple Slush (complete with gummy worms, at Gaston’s Tavern), and Pumpkin Spice Bubble Tea (at the Lunching Pad).
- Character Meet and Greets – Lots of special characters, and some classic characters in Halloween costumes. Be sure to get in line early, so you don’t miss too much party time.
- Dress up in Costume– It’s an opportunity for kids and adults alike to put on their favorite Halloween get-ups, and enjoy the party while enjoying the park.
- Trick-or-Treat – This Halloween pastime is open to adults as well as kids. Bring a bag, or get one at the party, and collect some candy!
- Spooky Fun on Select Attractions – many attractions are open and ready for ride fun!
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade – some of the “happy haunts” including the famed “Hitchhiking Ghosts” have ventured beyond their home at the Haunted Mansion to join Mickey and friends in a friendly Halloween parade. Takes place twice each night of the event – 8:15, and 10:30.
- A “Hair Raising” Ride by the Headless Horseman – This eerie spectre begins the parade, so you’ll want to be in place early for the parade in order to see him!
- “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks – Definitely a spectacular you don’t want to miss! The Disney Villains take charge of the night in this amazing fireworks display!
- Halloween Dance Parties – The Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball (Tomorrowland) and the Club Villain (Frontierland) dance parties are sure to be ghoulish fun! The Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball is held at the Rockettower Plaza Stage features characters from Monstropolis, while Club Villain, which takes place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon allows you to dance with your favorite villains!
- MNSSHP exclusigve Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom Card – The event special card this year is the Pirate Helmsman, inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean. It is available free of charge, but only at the party. You must have a party ticket and a special event wristband to receive one.
- Villain’s Sinister Soiree Dessert Party – During the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks, there is an additional ticket offering which provides amazing desserts, hosted by Lady Tremaine and Cinderella’s stepsisters. Some other villains may also pay a visit. Guests receive a souvenir Maleficent dragon cup, and access to the VIP viewing area for the fireworks.
What’s your favorite spooky, but fun element of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
I’m Jeri. I’m a wife, a mom, a nana, and a lover of all things Disney. I love being a writer for ChipandCo and I’m thrilled to be an Independent Travel Agent with ChipandCo’s preferred travel agency, World of Magic Travel. Looking forward to a Disney vacation? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to help make your next trip a little more magical.