Seeing Walt Disney World through the eyes of a toddler can be a magical experience for any parent, grandparent or family member! While there are plenty of thrill rides and other attractions and entertainment aimed at an older audience, there are several can’t miss things for the youngest of Disney World visitors.
1.New Fantasyland: Okay, maybe I’m cheating a bit here but every attraction in Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland (and those from before the expansion) are created with little one’s in mind! Take a ride on Dumbo or go Under the Sea with Ariel and her friends. Perhaps your little one will enjoy flying with Peter Pan or visiting the Beast’s castle and Belle’s cottage for a little story time. This really is a toddler’s dream come true!
2. Disney Junior – Live on Stage: Located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney Jr favorites including Mickey and the Clubhouse gang, Jake, Doc and Sophia, come to life in this life stage performance featuring amazing puppets, bright scenery and wonderful stories. Kids are free to sing and dance along with their favorites while experience a few surprises they are sure to love.
3. The Boneyard: Visiting the Boneyard in Dinoland at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a great way for little ones to burn of some of that energy exploring this fun, prehistoric play area. With slides, caves and a sandpit full of Wooly Mammoth remains, there is so much for toddlers to explore. Young paleontologists (ages 10 and under) play, discover and learn more about the extraordinary world of dinosaurs.
4. Talking Mickey on Main Street: There is nothing more magical than having your favorite mouse chat with you like you’re old pals! The wonder on a toddler’s face as they interact with Mickey is something never to be forgotten. And it’s a new experience every time you visit. We’ve had Mickey sing Happy Birthday to our little guy and even lead he around pretending they were “choo choo trains!” Really, this meet and greet is fun for the whole family.
5. Imagination Pavilion: Located in Epcot’s Future World this is a pavilion where imagination rules. Start by taking a Journey into Imagination with Figment in this updated, yet still classic, Disney World attraction. Then let you little one’s imagination run free in a play area designed just for them. My little one could spend hours jumping from activity to activity and back again! While I’ll be the first to admit this attraction could use some TLC, the little Disney fans don’t seem to mind and makes it a must visit for us on every trip!
6. Meeting Elsa and Anna: Frozen Fever is still burning hot and meeting Elsa and Anna is usually a major highlight of a toddler’s visit to Walt Disney World. Located in Princess Hall in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, Frozen fans are sure to enjoy this magical Meet and Greet. This is honestly one of the best character interactions in the parks. My little guy was star struck when he met Elsa but she was so wonderful with him that he was smiling and chatting away by the end of his visit.
7. Hollywood and Vine Play and Dine: This character meal is a can’t-miss for the toddlers of the group. Have breakfast or lunch with your favorite Disney Junior characters including Jake, Doc, Sophia and Handy Manny. Through out the meal the little ones will be invited to get up and dance with their favorite characters as part of the entertainment lead by two amazing hosts! It’s certainly a favorite for my family.
8. The Seas Pavillion: Join Nemo and friends at the Sea’s Pavillion in Epcot’s Future World. Take an underwater adventure with Nemo and his friends in The Sea’s with Nemo and Friends, an attraction based on the Disney Pixar film or spend some time with Crush, the totally awesome sea turtle from Finding Nemo during Turtle Talk with Crush, and interactive attraction sure to delight toddlers and their parents! The Seas is a wonderful place to play, explore and learn about life underwater.
9. Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station: Let your kids loose to enjoy some magical water fun in this circus-themed water play area! Located in New Fantasyland, this is a wonderful place for little ones to cool off and have some fun with interactive water features. An added bonus: it’s a great place for parents to relax while their little one’s play.
10. The Affection Section: Located in Rafiki’s Planet Watch at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, this petting zoo provides delightful hands-on encounters with a variety of animals, including goats and sheep. Toddlers can use hand brushes, provided on a first-come, first-serve basis while spending time with the friendly animals.
And if you’re planning a trip with a toddler make sure you check out the Top 5 Best Disney World Tips with Toddlers and 7 Tips to Make the Most of a Character Meet and Greet.
There are so many wonderful things for toddlers to experience at Walt Disney World. Did we miss one of your favorites? Make sure you let us know in the comments below!
Planning a Walt Disney World vacation with a toddler? Let me help you make it a magical experience! I am a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and the Disney Addicts and I’m also the mother of a toddler! Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your “Magical” vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!