I’m sure you have seen the commercials already featuring Disney’s 2016 “Unforgettable Happens Here” slogan. If you are like me your eyes start to tear up every time! While Disney World has always been nothing short of amazing, they are making some great additions that will help make a trip in 2016 “unforgettable”!
1. The end of 2015 saw some great additions to try on your 2016 vacation. Chocolate lovers won’t want to miss a stop at Ganachery at Disney Springs. 2015 saw the addition of Club Disney to Hollywood Studios. Last but not least, the one I am looking forward to the most, Jungle Skipper Canteen is scheduled to open in Magic Kingdom before January!
2. Star Wars has exploded at Hollywood Studios! Star Wars fans will have their choice of activities and events to enjoy; Star Wars Launch Bay, Jedi Training: Trial of the Temple, Symphony of the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular nightly firework show (and dessert party) and meet ‘n’ greets for Disney VISA cardholders.
3. runDisney will host 4 racing weekends at Walt Disney World. The season kicks off January 6, 2016.
4. Animal Kingdom will premiere “Rivers of Light” in Spring 2016. This night time performance brings the park to life with music, lights, water screens, and entertainers as the Tree of Life is magically transformed.
6. Taste food from around the world at Tiffins. Animal Kingdom’s newest restaurant addition is set to open in the Spring. The menu is inspired from the countries from around the park.
7. Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be expanding from 75 days to 90 days, beginning March 2nd – May 15th. A trip to the Flower & Garden Festival is a great way to kickoff Spring!
8. Frozen Ever After is set to open in Epcot. Ride along as Queen Elsa creates a special Winter in Summer Celebration for the kingdom. Guests also get to see the Ice Palace, the North Mountain, and the Bay of Arendelle. This is a must-do for all Frozen fans out there, along with a special Meet ‘N’ Greet with Anna and Elsa.
9. The Invictus Games will be hosted at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and will also be the first time the games will be played in America. The games, being played from May 8-12th, celebrate our wounded servicemen and women competing in a variety of sports.
10. Magic Kingdom celebrates it’s 45th Anniversary! Walt Disney World’s first park will be celebrating its anniversary on October 1st, and I have a feeling this is one party you won’t want to miss! We will pass along the details as they are released.
Don’t let 2016 pass without taking some time to create “unforgettable” memories with your family and friends!
If you are thinking about planning a trip for the start of 2016 through Spring, contact me for information on current promotional pricing that is available for bookings made on or before December 23, 2015. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Credit Disney Parks Blog
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.