The holidays have arrived and Universal Orlando has some of the best entertainment and offerings this season. From the Wizarding World to the Grinch they have put together an amazing time for families visiting. Here are 10 reasons to visit Universal this holiday.
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Not only does the Wizarding World decorate for the holidays, but the entertainment turns festive and Hot Butterbeer returns. All-around different wreaths and garlands cover the storefronts. Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees and the Frog Choir sing holiday tunes.
Hot Butterbeer also returns for the season. This Wizarding World staple is transformed into a delicious and warm drink that’s perfect for those chilly days at Hogwarts.
2. See the New Universal’s Holiday Experience Featuring Macy’s Balloons
There may not be a parade this year but the Macy’s Balloons are still on display. This fun new Holiday Experience is a must-see. From the Christmas music blasting to the Santa Claus meet and greet this was one of my favorite things at Universal this season.
3. Meet your favorite characters
Everyone’s favorite Christmas meany is out and about. The Grinch comes out randomly in Seuss Landing and also can be booked for photos. On the Universal Studios side, several of your favorite characters come out on floats for some fun photos.
4. Enjoy Holiday Decor and Festivities at Universal’s Hotels
Make your holiday vacay at Universal Orlando complete with a stay at one of the resort hotels (don’t worry, you can reassure the kiddos that Santa can still find you). Besides being a short walk, Water Taxi, or shuttle ride to the theme parks, the hotels get in on the holiday festivities, too.
5. Complete your holiday shopping
From the new Holiday Tribute Store to the many booths around the parks, there’s something for everyone. The new tribute store has four rooms of holiday goodies. Shop for traditional Universal Christmas or get those Hogwarts house robes personalized.
6. Treat Yourself
There are several new holiday treats around Universal Orlando. The Holiday Tribute Store has an entire case filled!
- New this year is the Holiday Treat Trail. Grab a trail brochure, gather your treat stamps, and enjoy favorites like the holiday ornament doughnuts at Voodoo Doughnut. Once you finish, you get a special completion treat on us!
7. Take advantage of Florida’s “winter” weather
Now’s the time to get away from all that frost and snow. While nights should be nice and cool for your scarves and hats, the days are comfortable. Some days are even perfect to be poolside! Swimming in December? Sign us up.
8. Instead of Sleigh Rides, Do Thrill Rides!
‘Tis the season for coasters. From The Incredible Hulk (pictures above: photo credit Blog Universal) to Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, Universal has you covered.
9. Take those Christmas Card photos
Fun photo ops are all around Universal Orlando. Not only do they have fun holiday photos set up but the massive tree at Universal Studios is the perfect card backdrop.
10. Ditch the holiday stress
This year has been tough. Take a much-needed break and enjoy some Hot Butterbeer and enjoy all the holidays at Universal. Enjoy fun festive entertainment and sweet treats. Feast at some of Universal’s amazing restaurants and have fun. There’s so much to do and see and no rush to see it.
The Holidays at Universal run until January 3rd. Make sure to visit and experience all the magic this holiday season.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Velociraptors Added to the Entrance of Universal’s VelociCoaster - January 25, 2021
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Ultimate Dining Guide - January 23, 2021
- Universal Orlando Expects Large Crowds for the Spring Break Holiday - January 22, 2021