Ice cream, who doesn’t love it?! Disney World has so many amazing ice cream treats to choose from that there is something to satisfy every palate. Here are 10 must try ice cream treats at the Disney World Resort.
- The Kitchen Sink Sundae – This fabled sundae is available at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Be sure to have a group with you to try to take one this one. This massive sundae has eight scoops of ice cream, a whole can of whipped cream, and every ice cream topping that you can think of, 22 of them in all. I haven’t gotten to try it yet, but I plan to in the future.
- Hand Scooped Ice Cream Sandwiches – These are not your standard chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches! That’s what I was expecting when I ordered one last year and I was happily surprised when I received one that was HUGE. Two massive chocolate chip cookies sandwiched with vanilla ice cream. These goodies can be found at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Scoops in Hollywood Studios.
- Ugly But Good – The Coppa Brutti Ma Buoni or Ugly But Good is not technically ice cream, it’s gelato, but it is amazing. Creamy vanilla gelato is topped with sweet amarena cherries, crunchy cookies, and whipped cream. As the name implies, it is not pretty, but it sure it good. This delicious treat can be found at Via Napoli in Epcot.
- All American Sundae – Just as the name says, this sundae is all American. This sundae of chocolate and vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge, peanut butter sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry can be found at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in Magic Kingdom.
- Puff Choux with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce – Two perfect profiteroles are sliced in half and filled with vanilla ice cream. The tops are placed back on top and the whole things is drowned in rich and delicious chocolate sauce. This dish is a great way to finish off a meal at Chefs de France in Epcot.
- Croque Glace – This is the ultimate ice cream sandwich! Choose one of the 16 flavors of ice cream or sorbet and have it placed on the bottom half of a Brioche bun. The ice cream is then topped with your choice of chocolate or raspberry sauce before the topped is placed back on and the whole thing is pressed. A delicious combination or hot and cold, creamy and crispy. This unique ice cream treat can be found at none other than L’Astisan de Glaces in Epcot.
- PB&J Milkshake – Feel like a kid again with this combination of peanut butter, grape jelly, and vanilla ice cream. It is like drinking a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and it is amazing. End your meal at 50’s Prime Time Café with one or pick one up at the Tune In Lounge. The best part is that you can get it to go!
- Midnight Reverie – You’re looking for an ice cream treat that will also satisfy a sweet tooth on the hunt for something chocolate, then this sundae from Ghirardelli is just what you’re looking for. Chocolate ice cream is topped with fresh Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Intense Dark 72% Chocolate, and Whipped Cream.
- Bottomless Milkshakes – That’s right, all you can drink milkshakes! Your choice of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry milkshake that will never run out! Get yours at Whispering Canyon Café inside Wilderness Lodge.
- Brownie Sundae – This sundae from the Plaza Restaurant is big enough to share, but I’m sure you won’t want to. Three scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream and two huge brownies topped with chocolate sauce, a mound of whipped cream, nuts and a cherry will make your mouth water.
- Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars – No list of Disney World Ice Cream treats would be complete without this simple yet delicious ice cream bar in the shape of everyone’s favorite mouse.
- Dole Whip – This is a must for my family every time we visit Magic Kingdom, but it did not make the main list because it isn’t technically ice cream. If you’re a fan of pineapple you should plan to get one of these on your next trip.
For those that can’t have dairy, have no fear, there are options for you as well! Just be sure to mention your allergy or intolerance at each location and they’ll be happy to let you know what options they have for you.
Did we miss one? What’s your favorite Disney World ice cream treat? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I love ice cream, especially at Disney World. Contact me at email@example.com to start planning your next magical vacation and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.