As a creature of habit and Disney attachment, I always find my list of “must do’s” growing every time I visit Disney! Everyone I know has a few things they have to do each and every time they visit no matter how long their stay. From shopping to attractions and snacks, we all have our favorites. I’m here today to share my Top 10 MUST DO list!
1. Stop off at the EarPort at Orlando International Airport. I probably wouldn’t drive to Disney even if I lived closer than my current New England hometown. Why? Because nothing gets me more excited to get to Disney than seeing some souvenirs on my way to my vacation! I also love to stop there on my way out. You never know what you forgot to buy unless you look, right?
2. Ride the “Mountains” in Magic Kingdom. Space, Splash and Big Thunder Mountain are everyone’s favorite mountain range, aren’t they? They were my first roller coasters and they will be my children’s first too! Big doses of fun without anything too extreme. Classic rides that I have to do each and every trip.
3. See Mickey. I don’t care how old you are or how many times you’ve met Mickey Mouse… I have to make time to visit or see him in person at least ONCE every time I visit! This can be accomplished at a hall, character meal or snap a selfie as he passes behind me in the Festival of Fantasy Parade, perhaps?
4. Catch a Fireworks show. The last time I visited I traveled with my 2 year old so I wasn’t able to see Wishes in Magic Kingdom because of the later hours. However, we made IllumiNations happen! Regardless of the show you see, Fantasmic for example, I simply must see a fireworks show.
5. Hit up Downtown Disney. So much to see, so little time. I give myself a few hours at least twice per visit. I can spend 3 hours in the World of Disney if I have the time to spare.
5 & 1/2. In addition to visiting Downtown I’ve added a “must eat” to my list. I have to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express. I had THE most amazing chicken meatball sandwich of my life.
6. Get my picture taken in front of the castle. Is there anyone who can go to Magic Kingdom and resist taking a picture in front of the castle? Because I don’t live nearby I don’t get to visit as often as I’d like. This makes for a really cool photo progression of myself over the years starting at age 9!
7. Explore my resort. I prefer to stay on property and be immersed in Disney for my stay. However, as a Travel Magician I enjoy hotels regardless. I can find places to explore pretty much anywhere. But nothing beats exploring a Disney resort. So much work and love is put into every detail.
8. Get a Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar. I would rather have this treat than pretty much anything else. It’s mobile and you can walk around and cool off with it. Also a fan of the Mickey Pants Sundae, of course. But that’s for a different time if I’m just needing a quick sweet before I hop on line for the Haunted Mansion.
9. Buy a shirt. Sounds simple and it really is. Depending on my budget and how long it will be until I go back will dictate how long it will take me to choose. If it will be a while I just send my husband along to the Lego store at DTD so I can really search! And who am I kidding? I can never get just one.
10. Take the monorail. Even if I’m not staying at a monorail resort I have to experience the ride. There’s nothing like seeing the castle from your monorail car from a distance. I also love to peek at the other resorts as we pass by or through, in the case of the Contemporary! I will find a way to ride the monorail even if I have nowhere to go! It’s just a must-do.
Thanks for letting me share my Top 10 with you! What are YOUR favorite things to do? Did I miss any that would top your list?
Let’s get your next trip planned and work on your top 10 list for your visit! As a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel I’m here to help you plan and make the process easy for you. Contact me today for a FREE quote and follow me on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!