When I go to Walt Disney World I budget with the intent to buy plenty of merchandise on each visit. However, there is an elite level of souvenir that I usually don’t allow myself to buy. As a NorthEasterner I can’t visit as often as I’d like so I always stock up while I’m visiting. I try to keep individual “big ticket” items under $100 each so my “splurges” may be more or less than yours! What are your spending limits when you visit? How do you decide what to buy and what to leave behind? Here are 10 splurges in Disney World and Disneyland that I think are worth it.
- Dooney and Bourke bags– Choose your style and chose your pattern! You can’t go wrong with any of the bags in the Dooney and Bourke Disney collections. From $128 to up over $300 there are many options and designs. My favorite is the Disney World Retro- and have you seen the Runway Princess pattern?
- Disney Pandora– I don’t know any lovers of jewelry and Disney who don’t want this entire collection! With elaborate charms that feature everything from Cinderella’s pumpkin coach to the Mickey Fun Wheel at Disney’s California Adventure, this imaginative collection is a “must”.
- Platinum Mickey Mouse Diamond Ring– pictured above, this ring will break the everyday budget. Currently priced at $1,815 (subject to change) this sparkler is a simple but pricey way to tell the world you love Mickey Mouse! For a special someone this would be an amazing gift.
- Arribas Brothers collectibles– Expertly crafted, glittering figurines, jewelry, glassware and wooden gifts. These delights are nothing short of gorgeous. Ranging in price from $17 costume jewels to a miraculous $37,500 Cinderella’s Castle replica there’s something for everyone.
- Official Disney Giclee prints- Available in stores all across Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort they come in variations of character/movie, size, framed (or not), some are signed and numbered- the sky is the limit. If you’ve been searching for that perfect wall art for your family room or bedroom a giclee would be a great investment.
- Disney Miniatures by Olszewski– This series of architectural replicas of the parks is a Disney Memorabilia lover’s dream! From the Disneyland entrance turnstyles to the castle and Main Street U.S.A. you can take home a piece of the magic and admire it every day!
- Luggage– Don’t you love when you see a Mickey or Minnie suitcase roll by you at the airport? Maybe you travel to Disney all the time and want to commemorate that. Maybe you bought too many souvenirs and need extra luggage to get it home! Either way a Disney authentic suitcase would make a great addition to any frequent traveler’s luggage.
- Disney collection by Vera Bradley– These eccentric bags are priced on the lower end of the Disney bag spectrum but still a pretty penny. Several designs are currently available and you can’t find them at Vera Bradley stores. Grab yourself a “Where’s Mickey?” tote or backpack before you head home.
- Walt Disney World Tour Men’s Performance Golf Wear– Sometimes it’s hard to find a gift for Dad or husband in Disney if they aren’t a huge Disney lover. If they love golf or sportswear there are some great options in short sleeves, long sleeves, jackets and pull overs. They are more than your average WDW souvenir sweatshirt so I would consider them a splurge!
- Mickey Dinner Plates/serve wear– I have always dreamed of hitting up Downtown Disney with a wad of cash prepared to buy myself a full set of Mikey Mouse dishes, glasses and silverware to serve my dinners on every night. I’ll hold onto the dream and someday I’ll do it!
The only thing I love more than riding the rides and seeing the attractions in Disney is shopping there! Did I miss any of your favorites? If you could buy ANYTHING what would it be?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!