Disney has been part of the PGA Tour since Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event in 1971. It was not a big shock that Disney was dropped from the PGA Tour. Disney lost its title sponsor when the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals did not renew, and Disney did not aggressively pursue a replacement. It was always a favorite week of the year for players with young families.
The 2013-14 season will commence with the Frys.com Open on Oct. 10-13 in San Martin, Calif., the week following the Presidents Cup. The PGA Tour then moves to the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas on Oct. 17-20 before going overseas for two straight weeks.
- A Year of Change on the PGA Tour (nytimes.com)
- PGA Tour drops annual Disney tournament from 2013 schedule (orlandosentinel.com)
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Movie Review SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY - May 15, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Press Conference - May 15, 2018
- Disney VoluntEARS New Disney-Sponsored KaBoom! Playground Officially Open - March 24, 2017