Disney Consumer Products is proud to introduce a new product collection inspired by the upcoming film, Monsters University. This new line includes more than 1,000 products from 125 different licensees. This Monsters University line offers action figures, playsets, plush figures, apparel, accessories, home décor, publishing products and more. The Disney Store also offers an exclusive collection from the film.
“Disney Consumer Products worked closely with our licensees to create products that capture the creativity and humor of Monsters University,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “Whether it’s through the technology and innovative features in the toys and role play items or through the unique and expressive apparel and accessories, the product collection has something that Monsters University fans of all ages will enjoy.”
Here’s a sneak peek at the Monsters University collection:
Practice your scaring skills:
- Sulley Monster Mask by Spin Master (MSRP: $24.99): 100 percent kid powered, the Sulley Monster Mask utilizes facial sync technology to allow kids to move Sulley’s eyebrows and lips as they put on the mask and open, close or move their jaws up and down.
- My Scare Pal Sulley (MSRP: $39.99) & My Scare Pal Mike (MSRP: $24.99) by Spin Master: Mike Wazowski and/or James P. Sullivan will keep you safe this summer at camp. With one squeeze of the tummy or pull of the leg, Sulley and Mike will scare off any monster hidden in your closet or under your bed or laugh while trying!
- Monsters University Row Playset by Imaginext® (MSRP: $29.99): With electronics featuring character voices to relive the fun of chasing Archie the scare pig through the quad, the set comes with two figure disks that either spin the bottom floor so you can have the monsters chase Archie in circles or catapult Archie across the set, through a trap door and into his cage.
- Monsters University Speak N Scare Action Figures from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com (MSRP: $34.95 each): In tandem with a free digital app, kids can rate their own “roar” or enhance it using different tools. The app can also sync with the action figures to control their scaring actions. Other modes of play include play mode with more than 40 phrases, scare mode with five different sound-activated roars and interactive mode that allows the action figures to converse with one another.
Dress like a scare student:
- Monsters University T-Shirts by Threadless (MSRP: $19.50): Choose from a variety of unique and artistic t-shirts inspired by Monsters University and designed by artists from around the world. These cool tees will have you feeling like the big monster on campus.
- Monsters University Kids Collection by etnies (MSRP: $34.99 – $49.99): Mike and Sulley, The Roars, Okays and Pinks take center stage in etnies new collection of footwear inspired by Monsters University. Embody each of the characters’ personalities and physical traits with this new stylish footwear for kids available in stores now and at etnies.com.
- Monsters University Fraternity and Sorority Plush (MSRP: $9.95 each) & Pin Collection (MSRP:$10.95 each) from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com: Each Monday from June 3 – June 21, Disney Store will release a new fraternity and sorority pin and a corresponding mini bean bag plush character from your favorite fraternities and sororities at Monsters University.
Embrace the Monster Lifestyle:
- Monsters University Scare Care Comforter Set by Jay Franco (MSRP: $32.99 – $64.99): Bedtime promises tons of freaky fun with this Disney·Pixar Monsters University Scare Care Comforter Set available in Twin and Full sizes. The reversible comforter is decked out with images of the ultimate scare pair, Sulley and Mike Wazowski, along with fun character and Monsters University graphics.
- Monsters Inc. 4-Piece Crib Bedding Set by Kids Line (MSRP: $129.99): Your very own “little monster” will love the adorable Disney Baby Monsters Inc. collection from Kids Line featuring the delightful faces of everyone’s favorite monsters including Sulley, Mike, George and friends in a fun combination of fabrics including novelty fur, fleece, velour and corduroy against a soft suede inspired background with the Monsters Inc. factory logo.
- Monsters University Upholstered Chair by Delta (MSRP: $79.99): This upholstered chair featuring Mike Wazowski is the ideal chair for your little scarer. Its comfy velvet touch and bright neon green color coupled with its sturdy durable frame make it the perfect chair for studying and relaxing after a long day at school.
- Monsters University Rolling Luggage from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com(MSRP: $34.50): You’ll be ready for road trips, home visits or spring break when packing this rolling luggage direct from the campus of Monsters University. With a huge helping of storage space, it’s sure to become a travel essential.
Make the grade:
- Monsters University Storybook Deluxe (MSRP: $6.99): Relive the story of the film in this app — and you may even learn a few tricks about scaring along the way! Just put on your best monster face as you create your own Monsters University ID Badge and go through training with Mike and Sulley as they prepare for the school’s annual Scare Games.
- Monsters University Special Edition Movie Magazine (MSRP: $9.99): A special movie magazine from Disney Magazines, the Monsters University issue features Mike and Sulley’s college adventures and all-new characters from the film. This 96-page magazine includes exclusive content such as games, activities, comics, puzzles and more.
- Monsters University Tri-Fold Journal from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com(MSRP: $12.50): Take note of all the latest trends and keep-up with that screamin’ social schedule using this MU sorority stationery set featuring the little sisters of Python Nu Kappa, all in a sparkling tri-fold cover with magnetic closure.
Eat like a monster:
- Disney·Pixar Monsters University Themed Blue Raspberry Flavorz™ by Crunch Pak(MSRP: $3.99 for 5): The new Blue Raspberry Flavorz™ features Sulley and Mike fromMonsters University. Flavorz are infused with natural fruit flavors that kids love, and are a “better for you” snack that parents are always looking for. Flavorz are available at grocers nationwide and come in convenient 2-ounce mini bags that are easy to take along, and really fun to eat!
Don’t forget, Monsters University roars into theaters June 21, 2013.
When Siera isn’t helping plan Disney vacations or sharing the latest Disney news, you can find her spreading magic on Facebook and Twitter. Are you thinking about a Disney vacation? Siera, a Disney travel specialist, can help you. Plus, can receive up to a $50 in-room credit! Contact her at email@example.com or 734-771-1290!