The 2018 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts kicks off today. As Epcot guests explore the world of talent surrounding them, they can tempt their palates with culinary work-of-art creations at the festival’s Food Studios. For those not able to attend this year, we are bringing you a fun festival recipe to try at home, “Pop’t Art” sugar cookies!
SUGAR COOKIE (Makes 6)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg white
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3–4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR SUGAR COOKIE:
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add egg white and beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add sifted flour and salt and beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Roll dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into six, 3×5-inch rectangles.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread on each cookie, leaving a border of about 1/8 inch around the edges of each cookie.
- Set aside.
- Whisk powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla extract in a pie plate until smooth. Add additional milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of glaze in a small bowl.
- Dip each cookie, chocolate-hazelnut side down, in the glaze to cover the chocolate.
- Set on a wire rack to dry.
- Mix remaining glaze with desired color or colors of food coloring. Use a fork to drizzle colored glaze on top of the cookies.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.
Epcot’s Festival of the Arts runs from January 12th through February 19th, 2018. Contact me today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I can help with everything from finding money-saving discounts to making difficult dining and FastPass+ reservations! Find me on Facebook or feel free to email me with any Disney vacation questions at SPhillips@mickeytravels.com
Just fill out the form below or Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
If you are having trouble viewing the form above, click here.Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- VIDEO: See How Pixar-Themed Treats Are Created By Disneyland Resort Candy Makers - July 13, 2018
- Orlando City Soccer Club Gets In On the Toy Story Land Fun - July 13, 2018
- “Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month” Menus Released For 2018 - July 12, 2018