Downtown Disney Marketplace is one of the three areas that make up the larger Downtown Disney district at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Of the three areas, Marketplace is the destination for shopping with a combination of Disney merchandise and specialty stores.
- Marketplace is open between approximately 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m. daily, with most stores generally open between 9:30 a.m. –11:00 p.m. (Times may vary slightly, dependent on the day of week and time of year).
Downtown Disney Marketplace also operates a Guest Relations spot, located between Team Mickey and Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop. Guests may visit Guest Relations for information and assistance with the theme parks and tickets, Disney dining information, tours and special events and other Walt Disney World questions.
Downtown Disney Marketplace also offers several other types of Guest Services.
Attractions and Experiences at Downtown Disney Marketplace
Although Marketplace focuses mostly on shopping and dining, there are several other experiences that make up this area of Downtown Disney.
Guests may rent boats and watercraft at Cap’n Jack’s Marina.
- The nearby Dock Stage regularly offers live, family-friendly entertainment, whether in the form of kids’ dance parties hosted by DJs or concerts from school bands and choirs.
- Young children and their parents will especially enjoy Downtown Disney for Kids, with the Marketplace Carousel and kiddie train located near the Earl of Sandwich and the Once Upon a Toy store.
- With its waterfront view of Lake Buena Vista, its colorful oversized icons and statues of Disney and Pixar characters, and many whimsical details, Marketplace offers a scenic view as part of its appeal. Guests may visit the Marketplace area for dining and shopping, but will linger to see the LEGO sculptures near the LEGO Imagination Center, pose for pictures with Downtown Disney’s various statues, and play in he interactive fountains.
Shopping at Downtown Disney Marketplace
World of Disney is not only the Marketplace’s flagship store, but Walt Disney World’s largest character store. The store offers 12 themed rooms – among them the Princess Experience Room, home to Downtown Disney’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and an Adventure room for swashbuckling young pirates.
Of course, that’s just one of Marketplace’s many shopping opportunities as the area has developed as the cornerstone of Downtown Disney’s shopping experiences. Merchandise, even stores, change on a regular basis to keep the retail experiences fresh for guests.
- The Art of Disney
- Basin (bath and beauty products)
- Disney’s Days of Christmas
- Disney’s Design-a-Tee
- Disney’s Pin Traders
- Eurospain/Arribas Bros.
- Goofy’s Candy Company
- Lefty’s – The Left Hand Store
- LEGO Imagination Center
- Marketplace Fun Finds
- Marketplace Kiosks (e.g. pick-a-pearl, handprint/memories booth, face painting, etc.)
- Mickey’s Pantry
- Once Upon a Toy Store
- Rainforest Café Store
- Spice & Tea Exchange
- Team Mickey Athletic Club
- T-Rex Build-a-Dino
- World of Disney
Dining at Downtown Disney Marketplace
Downtown Disney Marketplace also is home to a nice selection of casual cuisine, from quick-service restaurants to family dining. Guests can grab a quick sandwich or gourmet pizza. For more of a theme-park experience outside the parks, families can immerse themselves in the lush jungle, animal Audio-Animatronic environment of the Rainforest Café.
Then there are several Marketplace snack spots, from Forty Thirst Street coffee and Wetzel’s Pretzels to Goofy’s Candy Company and Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!