The Art of Animation Resort is located in the Disney’s Hollywood Studios Resort area and houses 1,120 family suites and 864 rooms. Family suites are able to accommodate up to 6 guests and have 2 separate bathrooms and 3 sleeping areas. This is the newest resort on Disney property, and is quite popular, especially with families! We can see why-Disney’s favorite characters come to life here! With Nemo, the Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and Cars all theming this resort, you’re sure to get a taste of Disney magic and a great price!
- All rooms will have an in-room refrigerator, cable or satellite TV, internet access (at extra charge), 2 full size beds (or suites will have 2 convertible beds and a full size bed in the master bedroom area), and the main building features a store where you can purchase souvenirs and sundries.
- There are walking paths, video arcade, playgrounds, and interactive water play area, There are 3 pools the largest in the Finding Nemo area, and the other two in the Cars and Little Mermaid courtyards, As with all bus-only resorts, you may want to consider taking a taxi to early breakfast reservations in parks or other hotels (bus services usually do not begin until an hour prior to park opening).
- Total property size: 87 acres
- For the first time ever at any Disney resort hotel, in-room décor pieces may be purchased at the gift shop. Ink & Paint Shop offers such items as the “Bruce” shower curtain or cozy cone lamps
- Guests can enjoy the convenience of a self-service business center, the first one to be offered at a value resort
- The Pixel Play arcade is cashless; but instead uses a swipe card with recharging stations.
As far as dining options go, you can use your Disney Dining Plan counter service credits at the Landscape of Flavors food court. The Landscape of Flavors offers a myriad of options for all breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One great thing about the Landscape of Flavors is their focus on “make your own” foods, healthy options, and smoothies.
To get to all the Disney parks from the Art of Animation Resort, you will need to board a Disney bus.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is a fun, whimsical, family friendly resort. Since it is priced in the Value tier of Disney resorts, it offers reasonable options for families who are traveling on a budget.
Overall, we give Art of Animation Resort an “A”.