Today comScore announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for this Thanksgiving weekend (ending November 26, 2017). Disney’s “Coco” received glowing reviews from critics and overtook Warner Brothers “Justice League” as the top box office film over the holiday.
The film has already become the highest-grossing film of all time in Mexico, earning 965M pesos since its October 27 release, surpassing the 827M pesos earned by The Avengers during its entire run.
Coco tells a story rich with universal themes surrounding family and following your dreams, but the film also boasts dazzling animation and innovative visual effects that transport audiences, along with young protagonist Miguel, from the Land of the Living to the Land of the Dead.
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, November 26, are below.
- Coco – Disney – $49.0M ($30.7 million international)
- Justice League – Warner Bros. – $40.7M ($72.2 million international)
- Wonder – Lionsgate – $22.3M
- Thor: Ragnarok – Disney – $16.8M
- Daddy’s Home 2 – Paramount – $13.2M
- Murder On The Orient Express – 20th Century Fox – $13.0M
- Star, The – Sony – $6.9M
- Bad Moms Christmas, A – STX Entertainment – $5.0M
- Roman J. Israel, Esq. – Sony – $4.5M
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri – Fox Searchlight – $4.4M
- Lady Bird – A24 – $4.0M
- Man Who Invented Christmas, The – Bleecker Street – $1.3M
Are you ready to start planning your amazing Disney vacation? Our friends at MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney) can help! Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote from one of their Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff To Offer “Inside Out” Themed Popcorn - June 19, 2018
- Great New Buzz Lightyear Wall Photo Op At California Adventure - June 19, 2018
- 2019 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Are Now Available to Book - June 19, 2018