Lately I have noticed there is a lot of chatter and all anyone wants to talk about, complain about or gossip about is the Disney My Magic+ MagicBands that are being tested at Walt Disney World. As per usual, Disney has let little nuggets of info slip out here and there about these magical wrist bands…just enough to have people talking and clamoring for more. Well, they just have released some new details recently that has interesting written all over it.
Read below these details and then let’s talk some more about how this makes us feel?
- Made of a hypoallergenic material, MagicBand is flexible and comfortable to wear. It has ridges on the backside that help air circulate between the band and the wrist. It has been designed to withstand hot and cold temperatures. It is also waterproof.
- The MagicBand easily scales to fit nearly any guest. It is adjustable and has a peel away layer to make the band small enough to fit children.
- Guests who visit MyDisneyExperience before their vacation will have the opportunity to personalize their MagicBand with one of seven colors (Green, Blue, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Black, and Red as far as we can tell). They will also be able to have their name printed on the inside of the band. Guests who do not personalize their bands will get a two-tone grey band.
- In the future, guests will be able to personalize the band with different accessories.
- As soon as MagicBand testing begins, guest can use it during the vehicle design process at Test Track.
So, I know I have seen a lot of complaining that people do no like wearing things on their wrists, etc. but it seems Disney is taking that into account. Now, aside from the physical comfort, what do you think about some of the customization details? I know I want them to save me a Pink band!
- Breaking News – Disney in hot water with Congress over My Magic+ (chipandco.com)
- Dapper Dans Perform Boy Band Hits at Disney Parks for ‘Limited Time Magic’ (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Movie Review SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY - May 15, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Press Conference - May 15, 2018
- Disney VoluntEARS New Disney-Sponsored KaBoom! Playground Officially Open - March 24, 2017