Announced recently was that Pixar Animation, Walt Disney Studios, and Disney Parks have declared June 11th Speak Like a Whale Day! In “Finding Nemo”, audiences got to get a taste of the many languages of whale that Dory is fluent in. Now, with our favorite Blue Tang fish getting her own movie on June 17th, it’s time to celebrate and pay homage to the language of whale! Voice actors Kaitlin Olsen (Destiny) and Ty Burrell (Bailey) are already practicing their whale speaking skills:
Disney and Pixar are creating lots of ways that fans can celebrate Speak Like a Whale day in person:
- At both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as Disney Cruise Lines, guests will receive a complimentary commemeritve button, while supplies last.
- These commemorative buttons will also be available at select Goodrich Quality, Marcus, Megaplex, and National Amusements movie theaters on June 11th
- At Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort, and Disney Springs at WDW Resort, there will be lots of undersea themed activities, complete with games, prizes, and a DJ. Young marlins can also take part in “Whale Speak University.”
- Guests at Epcot and Disney California Adventure can now see Destiny and Bailey, as well as Hank the Octopus alongside Crush at the Turtle Talk with Crush attractions.
- At The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot will get the chance to learn about the real-life sea animals that inspired the characters of “Finding Dory”, and even get to see some at The Seas’ saltwater aquarium.
Even if you won’t be at the parks on June 11th, you can join in on the fun by uploading videos with the #SpeakLikeAWhaleDay . I can’t think of a better way to get ready for the premiere of “Finding Dory”!Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Latest posts by Jessica M (see all)
- Disney Working on Castle Hangnail with Ellen DeGeneres - July 15, 2016
- New Pete’s Dragon Clips Released - July 14, 2016
- Disney Will Receive Tax Break for New Hotel in Anaheim - July 14, 2016