Answer the phone? Sure! The bright red kiosks on the north side of the Pavilion are not only some of the most photographed items at Epcot’s World Showcase, but are also real, working telephones styled after the ones designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott and found throughout the streets of Great Britain.
These bright red structures call out to Guests—literally—to pick up the receiver and pose for a picture. If one happens to ring, don’t shy away. Grab it and give a grand, “Cheerio!” It very well could be me calling or perhaps someone who really is “across the pond.”
Not at the Parks right now? Dial up a red box and see who is. If you get a busy signal, someone’s probably got the receiver off the hook for a photo op. I take that as a hint that someone’s nearby, though, so I call right back. If no one picks up after about six rings, it goes to a fax machine type of noise.
U.K. Phone Booths
- Right Booth: 407 827-9861
- Left Booth: 407 827-9862
- Center Booth: 407 827-9863
Canada Phone Booth
Quick Tip – To be sure the World Showcase is open when you call, check the Disney Parks website for operating hours.
Good luck and happy phoning!
Latest posts by Jodi (see all)
- Boating around the Walt Disney World Resort - May 22, 2014
- 2 New National Wildlife Federation iPad Apps for Kids - April 22, 2013
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition Coming to Blu-ray October 1, 2013 - April 21, 2013