I don’t know about you, but in our house Frozen is still a pretty big deal! I was so excited when I found this recipe for Elsa’s Hot Cocoa from Disney Family.
This will be perfect for curling up under blankets and watching Olaf’s Frozen Adventure when it airs on ABC as part of the 25 Days of Christmas on Thursday, December 14th at 8:00pm EST.
Ingredients for the marshmallows:
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup water
- Blue food coloring
- Snowflake cookie cutter (the one we used was a little too big so make sure yours will fit several times in the pan you use)
Ingredients for 4 servings of cocoa:
- 5-6 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- Mix the whipped topping and water together in a bowl
- Place wax paper over a 9in round pan
- Pour the whipped topping and water mixture into the pan and give it a little shake or a tap to even it out
- Add 8-10 drops of blue food coloring evenly around the pan, then use a toothpick to create a marbled pattern (this was fun for the kids!)
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours
- Once frozen, use the snowflake cookie cutter to cut snowflakes out of the whipped topping/water mixture (you can pop them back in the freezer if you’re not quite ready for your cocoa at this point)
- When you’re ready to serve, combine the milk, vanilla and white chocolate in a sauce pan and heat over low, stirring continuously.
- Once melted, combined and warm, remove from heat and pour into 4 mugs – you can add a drop of blue food coloring at this point to make them icy blue if you want!
- Add the frozen snowflakes to the mugs and watch them melt and swirl!
So grab the ingredients and serve up some of Elsa’s Hot Cocoa, it’s perfect to warm up any Frozen day!
Photo Credit: Disney FamilyThank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!