Walt Disney Animation Studios continues to raise the level of excitement and anticipation about their newest 3D movie FROZEN in theatres November 27, 2013 with details about the soundtrack. The soundtrack will be released a few days earlier on November 25, 2013 and includes 8 original songs.
The movie which is full of emotional turmoil, action, and sprinkled with humor throughout includes an incredible score by Composer Christophe Beck, and eight new songs by the team of Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez.
As with all Disney movies, the music plays a big part. In FROZEN, the music goes even further in that it pushes the story to new levels. The daily 2 hour meetings between the composers and the Animation team allowed for one of the best songs ever written for a Disney movie.
“Let It Go.” was written in the early stages of production, for the character Elsa. In the scene where Idina Menzel sings “Let It Go” it allowed this viewer to feel and grasp all the intensity and power, Elsa is experiencing and made it an instant favorite. The song is so powerful that it reshaped some of movie’s scene leading up to the moment.
Not be left behind, is Anna’s song “For the First Time in Forever.” Performed by Kristen Bell, this song allows us to see how Anna’s character is so different from Elsa’s and also allows us to get to know and see the beautiful kingdom of Arendelle.
And let’s not forget my favorite character, Olaf. Olaf the snowman sings a hilarious song titled “In Summer” which is about his favorite season and how he dreams about enjoying a summer day. Josh Gad is amazing in bringing the song and character of Olaf to life.
The remaining five songs help define and enhance the new characters we will meet in FROZEN and include “Frozen Heart,” “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” “Love Is an Open Door,” “Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People” and “Fixer Upper
Composer Christophe Beck provided the score for FROZEN. Like the songs, the score can take a scene and communicate an emotion or moment, that might otherwise not have as much impact without it. Using regional instruments and vocal techniques, Beck used his incredible talent to incorporate unique sounds, common to the Norway inspired setting. The score was recorded using a full 80 piece orchestra, with 32 vocalists, including Christine Hals, a native Norwegian.
Working alongside Kristen and Robert, their goal “was to create a cohesive musical journey from beginning to end.” In my opinion, they not only succeeded, they surpassed their goal and then some.
The “Frozen” soundtrack, is set for release from Walt Disney Records on Nov. 25, 2013, It is available for pre-order at http://smarturl.it/fa1 and http://smarturl.it/fsAmazona1. The two-disc deluxe edition and the digital deluxe edition soundtrack, which are also available Nov. 25, 2013, feature 23 and 27 additional tracks respectively, including demos, outtakes and a “Let It Go” instrumental karaoke track.
Here is a list of the soundtrack –
1. “Frozen” Heart Performed by Cast
2. “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” Performed by Kristen Bell, Agatha Lee Monn and
3. “For the First Time in Forever” Performed by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel
4. “Love Is an Open Door” Performed by Kristen Bell and Santino Fontana
5. “Let It Go” Performed by Idina Menzel
6. “Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People” Performed by Jonathan Groff
7. “In Summer” Performed by Josh Gad
8. “For the First Time in Forever” (Reprise) Performed by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel
9. “Fixer Upper” Performed by Maia Wilson and Cast
10. “Let It Go” (Demi Lovato Version) Performed by Demi Lovato
11. Vuelie (Featuring Cantus) Score
12. Elsa and Anna Score
13. The Trolls Score
14. Coronation Day Score
15. Heimr Àrnadalr Score
16. Winter’s Waltz Score
17. Sorcery Score
18. Royal Pursuit Score
19. Onward and Upward Score
20. Wolves Score
21. The North Mountain Score
22. We Were So Close Score
23. Marshmallow Attack! Score
24. Conceal, Don’t Feel Score
25. Only An Act of True Love Score
26. Summit Siege Score
27. Return to Arendelle Score
28. Treason Score
29. Some People Are Worth Melting For Score
30. Whiteout Score
31. The Great Thaw (Vuelie Reprise) Score
32. Epilogue Score
Demi Lovato, also recorded a version of “Let It Go” as part of the end credits which is currently available on iTunes (http://smarturl.it/dls5) While her music video can be seen on Nov. 1, 2013 on “Good Morning America”.
Reserve your copy of the FROZEN soundtrack – and Don’t miss the premiere of FROZEN on November 27th at a theatre near you.Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
I LOVE living near Disneyland and having APs so I can visit the parks all the time. As the ET reporter for Chip and Co and a Travel Agent, I enjoy sharing my Amazing Magical Adventures with my fellow DAs.
Check out my articles on Chipandco.com or follow me on Facebook!
Latest posts by Loretta (see all)
- A New Look For The Upcoming Live Action “The Jungle Book” - February 22, 2016
- New Scenes From Alice Through The Looking Glass - February 19, 2016
- Zootopia Hollywood Premiere At El Capitan Theater - February 19, 2016