Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge gets a new rare and endangered species. Officially names “Somali wild ass” but affectionately known at the lodge simply as “Somalis,” these African ancestors of the domestic donkey features distinctive leg striping ad body coloration.
These animals are rare and critically endangered species. It is believed that less than 1,000 exists in the world. Disney acquired three young brothers and they are now making themselves at home on the Uzima Savanna.
The Somalis being at Disney is a flirty because there are fewer than 50 others on display nationwide. No other zoological institution presents these animals on an expansive, mixed-species savanna, giving Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests a unique opportunity to observe these rare creatures.
- WDW Deluxe Resorts – Why They’re Worth The Cost (chipandco.com)
- The Disney Dining Plan for First Timers (disneydining.com)
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Movie Review SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY - May 15, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Press Conference - May 15, 2018
- Disney VoluntEARS New Disney-Sponsored KaBoom! Playground Officially Open - March 24, 2017