Disney chief executive Bob Iger has stated that another film in the Star Wars series of stand-alone “anthology” movies is set for release in 2020.
In remarks made to the Goldman Sachs Communacopia conference, Iger said that a writer had been hired to work on the film. This would be the third in the series that will begin with the release of the Gareth Edwards-directed “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” in December 2016, and followed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s as yet untitled Han Solo film, due for release in May 2018.
The Star Wars franchise as a whole shows no signs of slowing down: with episodes eight and nine of the main series due for release in 2017 and 2019 respectively, Iger said he had recently met Luscasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy and “started talking about what we’re going to do in 2021 and beyond”.
Latest posts by Cher Lytle (see all)
- Disney Channel’s “Andy Mack” Gets Second Season - May 31, 2017
- Six Original Animated Shorts With Newest Avengers Starts Fourth Season - May 30, 2017
- The “Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” Press Conference - May 29, 2017