Today, during a presentation at D23 Expo 2017, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media revealed new details about the biggest games in its upcoming slate, and offered first-looks at never-before-seen digital experiences. Hosted by YouTube stars JackSepticEye and Strawburry17, the presentation included discussions with developers from Star Wars™ Battlefront™,KINGDOM HEARTS III, Marvel’s Spider-Man, plus groundbreaking VR and AR gaming experiences for Marvel and Star Wars™.
“It’s our mission to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world and, when it comes to games, we’re working with the best developers in the world to create experiences that put fans at the center of the story,” said Jimmy Pitaro, chairman of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. “Gamers and fans of our stories have never had more to look forward to—and our slate has never been stronger.”
Highlights from today’s presentation include:
- KINGDOM HEARTS III: Square Enix’s famed game director Tetsuya Nomura, revealed KINGDOM HEARTS III will feature the franchise’s first-ever Disney•Pixar world, “Toy Story,” featuring an original story developed exclusively for the game. Disney and Square Enix also surprised fans with the news that the game will release in 2018.
- MARVEL Powers United VR: Marvel and Oculus announced MARVEL Powers United VR, a first-person, multiplayer, action virtual reality game where players team up with friends to engage in immersive, explosive cooperative fights from across the Marvel Universe. YouTube star Markiplier made a surprise appearance, as he and Head of Oculus Studios, Steve Arnold, offered the crowd a first look at gameplay. Fans can demo the game next week at San Diego Comic-Con by visiting the Marvel Booth.
- Star Wars Augmented Reality Experience: A new chapter in Star Wars experiences was introduced, as Disney and Lenovo gave a first glimpse at a new augmented reality product designed to give fans an opportunity to recapture some of their favorite moments from Star Wars films in ways never before possible. Fans can sign up to learn more by visiting Fans can sign up to learn more by visiting http://jedichallenges.com. The sneak peek video can be found here: Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Sneak Peek.
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Star Wars Battlefront II is bringing an all new hero into the fold with the introduction of Iden Versio, Commander of the Imperial special forces team known as the Inferno Squad. Fans were treated to an appearance by the game’s lead actress Janina Gavankar, who plays Iden, and a member of the Lucasfilm Story Group, Steve Blank. In addition to discussing the single player campaign that tells a story from the unique perspective of the empire, Janina and Steve introduced a new behind-the-scenes look at the development of this original Star Wars story featured in the game. The behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars Battlefront II can be found here: Star WarsBattlefront II: Behind The Story.
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Disney Channel’s ‘Elena of Avalor’ Receives Prestigious Award - May 26, 2018
- One ‘Incredible’ Summer is Officially Underway at Walt Disney World - May 26, 2018
- Your Guide to an ‘Incredible Summer’ at the Magic Kingdom - May 25, 2018