An in-depth promotional campaign is coming for Pixar Animation Studios’ all-new original film “Coco.” This promotion a host of brands to the family including Airbnb, Ancestry, Chatbooks, Guitar Center, the Herdez® Brand, Purple, Southwest Airlines, Subway® and SunRype.
Directed by Lee Unkrich (“Toy Story 3”), co-directed by Adrian Molina (story artist “Monsters University”) and produced by Darla K. Anderson (“Toy Story 3”), Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” opens in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22, 2017.
According to Lylle Breier, senior vice president, global marketing partnerships for The Walt Disney Studios, the story itself is the campaign’s greatest strength. “‘Coco’ celebrates family, chasing your dreams and the power of music,” said Breier. “The film’s themes really resonated with each of these extraordinary brands, inspiring them to create compelling programs.”
The “Coco” promotional campaign features the following brands.
- Airbnb is set to launch its promotion this month to inspire family travel in Airbnb listings around Mexico. The campaign will be shown in both Mexican and US national TV, and on Airbnb’s digital and social platforms. Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong when they travel by being connected to local cultures and having unique travel experiences. Its community marketplace provides access to millions of unique accommodations from apartments and villas to castles and treehouses in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries.
- Ancestry will launch an integrated marketing campaign centered around discovering your past to inspire your future, just as main character Miguel does in “Coco.” This includes custom cinema and digital videos telling the story of Miguel’s journey in unlocking his family story to pave way for his future, a digital video of the “Coco” filmmakers getting their AncestryDNA revealed, an interactive Rivera family tree experience on Ancestry.com, and an influencer screening with top Disney influencers prior to film release. Ancestry harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. With more than 2.6 million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites and more than 6 million people in the AncestryDNA network, Ancestry is the global leader in family history and consumer genomics.
- Chatbooks is an app to create fast and affordable photo books directly from your phone’s camera roll or social media. The family-founded company offers an easy solution for people (especially parents!) who don’t have time to make photo books. Fans of the film can use Chatbooks to create an interactive “Coco” photo book that encourages everyone from children to the young at heart to celebrate their own unique family story.
- Guitar Center is working with Cordoba Guitars and “Coco” to inspire a new generation of musicians. Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of musical instruments, recording, live sound, DJ and lighting equipment. With more than 280 stores across the U.S. and one of the top direct sales websites in the industry, Guitar Center has helped people make music for more than 50 years. Guitar Center also provides customers with various musician-based in-house services, including Guitar Center Lessons, where musicians of all ages and skill levels can learn to play a variety of instruments in many music genres. With an unrivaled in-store experience, an industry-leading online presence and passionate commitment to making gear easy to buy, Guitar Center is all about enabling musicians and non-musicians to experience the joy that comes from playing an instrument.
- The HERDEZ® Brand campaign combines the world of “Coco” and the vibrant flavors of HERDEZ® products. Their new television commercial focuses on the joy of bringing families together through food. The animated commercial takes fans to the “Coco”-inspired colorful lands, filled with the great traditions of Mexico. The spot also captures the qualities of Miguel’s family from the movie and combines food, tradition and fun through HERDEZ® -inspired Mexican dishes and family moments. HERDEZ® Brand is the No.1 selling salsa brand in Mexico and a growing staple in homes across the United States. In addition to Salsa Casera, the product line includes Salsa Verde and Guacamole Salsa. HERDEZ® authentic Mexican salsas are available nationwide at major grocery stores. Visit www.herdeztraditions.com/DisneyPixarCoco.
- Purple launched in January 2016, quickly becoming an emerging leader in the development and manufacturing of innovative comfort products, including the world’s first No Pressure™ Mattress. Purple helps the world sleep and sit more comfortably with patented cushioning technology made from 20 years of innovation and a little bit of pixie dust. Purple pairs advanced products with world-class digital marketing to stand out as the world’s only comfort technology brand. No matter how you sit or sleep, Purple is here to help you feel and live better.
- Southwest Airlines, the largest domestic carrier, serving more than 115 million passengers yearly, is connecting customers to Disney•Pixar’s all-new adventure “Coco,” celebrating the culture and traditions of Mexico. The airline is showcasing the beauty of the film in a high-flying way with the “Coco”-themed Boeing 737-700 aircraft flying among the carrier’s fleet throughout the United States, Mexico and Caribbean through the end of 2017. Customers can enjoy the airline’s Disney•Pixar “Coco” OnDemand Channel onboard WiFi-equipped flights beginning Nov. 1
- Subway® restaurants will offer six collectable backpack tags featuring the vibrant artwork from “Coco”—one in every Subway® Fresh Fit for Kids Meal. Broadcast and digital video creative integrate core themes from the film, including a passion for music and the importance of family, with the Subway® Fresh Fit for Kids Meal. The program will also feature creative assets across owned and paid digital platforms along with in-store merchandising in over 26,000 restaurants. Guests in 113 countries have easy access to a fresh lineup of vegetables for their made-to-order sandwiches and salads at more than 44,400 franchised locations. Sandwich Artists™ serve 7 million sandwiches a day around the world. The company, founded over 50 years ago by then 17-year-old Fred DeLuca and family-friend Dr. Peter Buck, is still a family-owned business with thousands of dedicated franchisees in neighborhoods around the world. www.subway.com.
- SunRype, the maker of healthy snacks, will place co-branded displayers in the produce departments of grocers across the country. Their digital sweepstakes* will award a trip for a family of four to see the film’s Hollywood premiere as well as other great weekly prize packages. SunRype’s featured product Fruit to Go fruit strips are a convenient portable snack made of simple ingredients: apple purees and juice concentrate—natural flavors with nothing artificial. SunRype grew out of the fresh fruit business in 1946, and have since continued to find the perfect balance of great taste and healthy goodness. Their philosophy is to use simple, straightforward ingredients. SunRype goodness is shared with families all across the USA and other parts of the world. *Sweepstakes’ abbreviated rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. October 2nd, 2017 at 8:00am PT and ends on October 20, 2017, at midnight PT for the Premiere Trip Sweepstakes & October 23rd through to November 24th, 2017 for the weekly prize packages. US only. 18+ https://buff.ly/2fXK4gI