The excitement around the Royal Wedding is reaching fever pitch over at the Freeform network which has recently announced that they will be celebrating the occasion with a special line-up of programs during the weekends of May 12 – 13 and May 18-19 and a new season of Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings starting in June.
Kicking off the wedding celebrations, Freeform will be airing a “Happily Ever After” themed “Funday Movie Marathon” the weekend of May 12 -13 featuring some of your favorite Disney princesses followed by the “Royal Wedding Slumber Party” on Friday, May 18th. On the day of the Royal Wedding (Saturday, May 19th) Freeform will offer a simulcast of “Good Morning America” extended edition covering the ceremony between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle starting at 5:00 am EDT.
For those looking for a Summer wedding fix, new episodes of “Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings” (pictured above) will also be making a comeback beginning on Monday, June 11 at 8:00 PM EDT. There will be six all-new episodes hosted by “The Ellen Show’s” Stephen “tWitch” Boss and “Dancing with the Stars” pro Allison Holker. The season spans the globe to give viewers an inside look at weddings and engagements taking place at spectacular Disney destinations around the world.
Here’s a closer look at the schedule for this exciting wedding-themed line-up:
Saturday, May 12
- (7:00 – 9:10 a.m. EDT) ELLA ENCHANTED
- (9:10 – 10:40 a.m. EDT) DISNEY’S FAIRY TALE WEDDINGS
- (10:40 a.m. – 12:40 p.m. EDT) DISNEY’S POCAHONTAS – Repeats on Sunday, May 13 at 8:35 am EDT
- (12:40 – 2:45 p.m. EDT) DISNEY’S MULAN – Repeats on Sunday, May 13 at 10:35 am EDT
- (2:45 – 4:50 p.m. EDT) DISNEY’S THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG – Repeats on Sunday, May 13 and 12:45 pm EDT
- (4:50 – 6:55 p.m. EDT) DISNEY∙PIXAR’S BRAVE
- (6:55 – 9:00 p.m. EDT) DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (1991) – Repeats on Sunday, May 13 at 2:55 pm EDT
- (9:00 – 11:30 p.m. EDT) DISNEY’S FROZEN – Repeats on Sunday, May 13 at 5:00 pm EDT.
- (11:30 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. EDT) THE PRINCE & ME
Friday, May 18
- (7:45 – 11:00 p.m. EDT) THE NOTEBOOK: SPECIAL EDITION
- (12:00 – 2:00 a.m. EDT) THE WEDDING PLANNER
Saturday, May 19
- (Starting at 5:00 am EDT) GOOD MORNING AMERICA: Live wedding coverage
Monday, June 11
- (Starting at 8:00 pm EDT) DISNEY”S FAIRY TALE WEDDINGS
During the amazing movie line-up listed above, viewers are encouraged to tweet along @FreeformTV.
We hope that you’ll join us in commemorating the Royal Wedding with these amazing Freeform offerings in May and June. Readers are encouraged to continue to follow along with Chip and Co. for the latest Freeform news and updates!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.