It’s America’s 242nd birthday, and Epcot is the park to be in to enjoy the Independence Day festivities! If you are in Disney World over the 4th of July, check out what’s in store for that day at Epcot.
- Special Fireworks: “The Heartbeat of Freedom” What would a 4th of July celebration be without fireworks? And Epcot has the best show around! It starts at 9 p.m. with a performance of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which concludes with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale. This one-night-only fireworks extravaganza unites music from great American composers with more pyrotechnics than you can imagine!
- Voices of Liberty – An Epcot tradition for more than 35 years, this legendary a cappella group will perform a series of special evening concerts of great American songs in the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Joining the Voices of Liberty on stage will be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, dressed for the occasion in their special “Spirit of ‘76” attire. You can also catch Voices of Liberty performing special patriotic songs in the rotunda of The American Adventure at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Disney Characters – During the day, you’ll have the opportunity to get a special photo with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale, all wearing their patriotic best, right outside The American Adventure pavilion.
- Specialty Foods – Add some flavor to your celebration with all-American foods throughout the park. There will be decadent red, white and blue cupcakes available at Fountain View and Sunshine Seasons, where you can also nosh on their yummy BBQ pork sandwich. Refreshment Port will have specially decorated croissant doughnuts (Who can resist those?!) and Liberty Inn has got you covered with the all-American burger, southern fried chicken sandwich, apple pie cheesecake and –just for the 4th – a slice of watermelon!
- The American Adventure – This epic attraction, another Epcot original, has recently been updated with an all-digital projection system, a new screen, new speakers and an all-new recording of the iconic “Golden Dream” anthem. And look for new faces added to the show’s finale including composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and noted ballerina Misty Copeland.
There are still fantastic 2018 packages available. Send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with me as your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner!
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be available to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
Latest posts by Whitney Littlejohn (see all)
- New Posters for “Christopher Robin” - July 16, 2018
- Pixar Place Closes at Hollywood Studios - July 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Admission No Longer Included with Discovery Cove Tickets - July 16, 2018