Are you headed to Orlando for your next family vacation? Whether you are planning a magical Disney trip or a Wizardly Universal trip, why not make it even more awesome with a stop in LEGOLAND Florida? It is a lot easier than you think to head over to this fun, interactive, park that kids and adults alike will love to explore! Here are some great reasons to add LEGOLAND to your Florida vacation this year!
1. The New LEGOLAND Florida Hotel:
What better reason is there than checking out this brand new Hotel located steps from the main entrance of the park. Opening THIS FRIDAY May 15th 2015, the new hotel will delight guests young and old with incredible theming and top notch amenities! Top floor rooms have views over Lake Eloise and the park’s 50 rides, shows and attractions. A large family swimming pool will be located next to the lake.
At the entry you’ll see the enormous and friendly Lego dragon made of more than 445,000 Lego bricks, weighing approximately 2,800 pounds. The lobby’s Castle Play area has a pirate ship complete with a blimp, docked along a moat filled with Legos which surrounds an interactive castle. Kids can pull on a handle as they enter the castle, causing the Lego ogre above them to roar, while parents can look on blissfully from the hotel’s Skyline bar and lounge. There will also be a Lego buffet with a kids’ height table of choices serving a free breakfast to hotel guests.
Expect to see more than two million bricks shaped into 2,000 Lego models throughout the hotel. Each room will have a minimum of eight models (Premium Themed rooms have additional Lego models and themed wall paper), and a bucket of Lego bricks for kids to create their own models. All rooms sleeping five have a children’s sleeping area with a bunk bed and trundle bed beneath it (only works for smaller kids), a separate TV, a security peephole at kids’ height, and WiFi. Room service will be available.
Among other perks, guests at the new hotel will have early access to the theme park, Character Meet & Greets on the premises, and the first Lego Model Shop to be located within a hotel.
2. Getting there is easy! LEGOLAND Florida is located in Winter Haven, Florida. Winter Haven is only about 45 minutes away from most of the Orlando area parks including Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World. If you do not have your own car to make the trip, LEGOLAND has a convenient shuttle that leaves from Universal Boulevard in Orlando, takes you directly to LEGOLAND, and returns you back to Orlando all for only $5 per person! The shuttle station is only minutes away from both Universal and WDW, so hop in a cab and grab the shuttle for an inexpensive and fun way to get to LEGOLAND.for more information on and booking the LEGOLAND Shuttle.
3. Rides and attractions for the whole family! LEGOLAND is a wonderful family park where there is something for everyone. The park is 150 acres with more than 50 rides and attractions focused on families and children ages 2-12. There are 11 easy-to-navigate and highly-themed zones which include ‘pink-knuckle’ roller coasters, Miniland USA, the Imagination Zone and LEGO City where youngsters can learn how to drive by freely navigating their own boats and LEGO cars. The latest addition to the park is Heartlake City, set to open early summer 2015. This new land will have new shows and attractions based on the popular LEGO Friends line! Miniland USA is where kids can find their favorite Star Wars characters and scenes from the movies in addition to recreations of cities from all over the U.S.A.
4. Special Events throughout the year :
Brick-or-Treat returns again this year on select dates in October. This safe, family-friendly Halloween festival features trick-or-treating, build activities, a haunted scavenger hunt, the largest Lego jack-o-lantern and more! If you’re vacationing in the area during this fall holiday, be sure to enter your kids into the costume contests and win prizes!
The holiday season will feature Legoland’s Christmas Bricktacular on select dates throughout December. See a 30-foot tall Christmas tree made of 270,000 Lego bricks! Of course Santa and his reindeer are at this theme park too. The fireworks also return for this special event.
Kid Standard Time (otherwise known as 7:00 p.m.) marks the count down Kids’ New Year’s Eve event. Watch a giant Lego brick drop. It is fun for the entire family.
It all heats up in July with the annual Red, Brick & Boom event celebrating the 4th of July from the 3rd to the 5th of July. Build a brick flag! Then watch the fireworks through special glasses that convert the explosions into flying bricks!
5. Great VIP experiences:
LEGOLAND Florida offers awesome VIP experiences for guests visiting the park. Options like ‘Bricks and Breakfast Character Breakfast’,’LEGO Santa’s Christmas Workshop’, and the new ‘Heartlake Salon Makeover’ are just some of the options available to really immerse yourself in the LEGOLAND experience.to the VIP options available.
6. LEGOLAND Waterpark:
Looking for a place to cool off from the hot Florida sun? Head into the waterpark and explore all the different splash options! From wave pool, to water slides, to toddler splash zones, there is plenty to do to entertain the family while cooling off. The water park ticket is an additional park ticket so plan for this added expense if you choose to enjoy the waterpark. You CAN purchase a water park only ticket which may be a great option for you. Extend your stay and do one day in the park and one day in the waterpark, with a sleep in a Pirate or Kingdom themed room in the LEGOLAND Hotel in between!
7. Dining options:
With over 15 different places to grab a bite to eat, everyone will be able to find something they like! You will find all of your favorites from cheeseburgers, pizza, a wide range of sweet treats and freshly prepared choices from fresh grilled panini’s, tasty salads, Asian fusion and rotisserie chicken. I highly recommend Granny’s Apple Fries! This LEGOLAND original is made with Granny Smith apple fries, dusted with cinnamon and sugar and served with a sweet whipped cream dipping sauce! YUMM! They really are awesome!
There are over 10 different shopping experiences at LEGOLAND with the newest Heartlake City Mall opening this summer. Let your prince or princess but some new clothes at The Kings Market, build your own LEGO minifigure at Minifigure Market, or even grab a new swimsuit at Surf Shop! Find ALL your LEGO needs at The Big Shop, the ultimate LEGO shopping experience.
9. Minifigure Trading:
This is a fun experience for the little ones! Similar to pin trading at Walt Disney World, Minifigure trading allows you to trade your minifigure with a LEGOLAND employee for a new one! You can bring a minifigure from home or buy new ones at the park stores and start trading!
10. Everything is AWESOME at LEGOLAND!
Need I say more? Everything really is awesome at LEGOLAND. It is a favorite of my family, and we can’t wait for the new Hotel and Heartlake City attractions coming this summer. LEGOLAND is bigger and better than ever and a really fun diversion from the Orlando scene!
Chip and Co. will be on the scene on Friday, May 15th for the grand opening of the new LEGOLAND Hotel and will have access to all of the information you need! We will be providing updates and photos of the new additions to LEGOLAND so stay connected to Chip and Co. for the latest information on LEGOLAND and all of the Orlando area theme parks!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Latest posts by Kristen F (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Book your Stay at The Yacht Club Resort - February 26, 2016
- Adventures by Disney Offers New Ways to Explore America in 2016 - February 20, 2016
- 2016 Brick Dash 5K at LEGOLAND Florida Registration Open! - February 20, 2016